I ended up running a total of 1,263.81 miles for the year, which is an average of 105.32 miles per month and 24.58 miles per week. Since my goal was 2015K (1252.06 miles) for the year I was very pleased with that.
That being said, the best things that have happened to me aren't directly related to any personal records. In no particular order, here is the list:
- Being able to turn my passion into running into a event day race timer job with NYCRuns. They are an amazing group of people to work with and I have learned a great deal so far
- Vacationing in Europe with my boyfriend, then finding a great place to move into early next year
- The arrival of my precious, adorable (insert every positive adjective here) niece. She has amazing parents and I can't wait to see her milestones in the coming year
- Reconnecting with Columbia Summer Winds & Manhattan Wind Ensemble, and catching up with old friends and making new ones
- Getting opportunities to play in pit orchestras once again, as well as in the CUMC & WCMC groups
- Watching my amazing sister deliver the commencement speech at her college graduation like a champ
- Other great things which are not coming to mind at this moment
I am grateful for all of the above, and the continuing health and happiness of my family and friends
But now it's time to put more focus on my running. Here are my goals for the upcoming year:
1. Run a sub-1:50 half again
2. Sub-4 marathon. NYCM & I have some unfinished business
They won't be easy, but hopefully they are doable. Thank you to everyone who has kept up with the blog this year! I will try to update more regularly in the future.
Happy New Year!