Friday, January 1, 2016

2015 In Review & 2016 Goals

This past year has been an amazing one primarily due to the following highlights
  • Moving in with my boyfriend
    • and getting him to race his first 5k!
  • Getting promoted to manager at work
  • Enjoying time with family & friends 
  • Running a sub-1:45 half marathon
  • Running a sub-4:00 marathon
  • Further involvement with organizations related to my passions 
    • NYCRUNS
    • Manhattan Wind Ensemble & Columbia Summer Winds
My total mileage for the year was 1293.26. While it would be nice to get slightly higher mileage this coming year, my focus will more on race and personal goals than trying to adhere to a specific number per week.

Despite the occasional stressful day, I am well aware of how lucky I am, and I am very grateful for all of the experiences that I am fortunate to have had in 2015.

With that being said, it's time to establish some resolutions for 2016 - or perhaps it would be better to call them goals at this point? Anyway, here are some ideas I have in mind, both running and non-running related:
  •  Continue to improve my race times
  • Continue to improve times in all racing distances
  • Finally officially get a sub 50 minute 10K that's not during the course of an HM
  • To run at least 4 days per week and do some form of cross-training 2 days per week
    • try to get my boyfriend to join me for some of it and a couple of races!
  • Make sure to keep weight steady & consistent
  • To practice my musical instrument more regularly
    • and to buy myself a new piccolo!
That being said, next year won't be all goal oriented - I have a couple of exciting trips to look forward to, including a London vacation with the boyfriend & a biking trip with mom that we have been planning for years.

While 2015 was an amazing year and will be hard to beat, I am sure that 2016 will have some amazing things happening as well. Looking forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment