Friday, January 20, 2012

My Year so Far

First, I have to apologize for a lack of updates. I've been incredibly busy so far, but when I realized that I have a race tomorrow, it also occurred to me that I have to write a double race report before beginning to process tomorrow's race.

To start off the New Year, I ran a 4 mile fun run with some friends.


It was my friend Zahava's first NYRR race, and after taking it easy for the first three miles, we sped up to complete an under 9 minute last mile. I think that someday I will get her to join the cult. Hmmm....


The next weekend, I did the Joe Kleinerman 10K, which used to take place in December. Honestly, I wasn't even going to sign up for this race, but peer pressure can be a tough thing to resist (thanks Rachel!)  She wanted me to pace her, and I happily agreed.

You can read her account here - although we did not get her "A" goal of under 55 minutes, she earned a new 10K PR, and I'm very proud of her for it. She was on pace for the first three miles though, and considering she was just recovering from a marathon induced injury, the signs are very promising for not only a sub-55 minute 10k, but a sub-2 hour half as well.



As usual, I got some "flattering" pictures from Brightroom, that is if you think napping, pissed off, and tired are attractive. 


Training for the New York City Half is going well, but I have been slacking off slightly on quality for various reasons. I had shin pains and I was under the weather this week, but hopefully next week I'll be back on target completely. At least I'm hitting my target mileage at any rate - I have lots of firsts to look forward to, such as my first 15 and 16 mile runs.

Next up: The Manhattan Half, assuming it's not cancelled due to the impending snow storm. We'll see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like some fun races. Race pics always seem to catch a person at their worst. Hope the shins are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike! My shins feel much better

    ReplyDelete