Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Brooklyn Travel Arrangements

This post is for everyone who expressed interest in traveling with me to Brooklyn - if anyone has any questions, feel free to comment here or message me on facebook.

To be on the safe side, let's meet right next to the turnstile inside the downtown 4/5/6 station at 86th and Lexington at 4:55 (right near the agent booth). At 5:00am, we will all swipe in and walk towards the back of the train since we are meeting Alice in the last car. Since the 4 train is running local, it should come on the top platform but we will keep an eye on both the Upper and Lower platforms just in case. For everyone getting on at a different station, here is the 4 train schedule - see the Saturday Service Southbound train that leaves the Woodlawn station at 4:35am to figure out the best time to catch the train.

From there we'll have a few minutes to transfer to the Q train (see schedule here). We hope to get the train at around 5:23am - the train leaves 57th and 7th at 5:16 if you want to look it up on the schedule. We'll take this train to Parkside (unless people think that the Prospect Park stop is closer).

Ultimately, we should be at Parkside by 5:45am and at the start by 6am. Not that I completely trust the MTA, but if the trains are a little late, we will have a little leeway.

If you see any flaws in my schedule/logic, please correct me :-)

If you can't find us on Saturday, my phone information is in my facebook profile - please friend me on facebook if you haven't already so that you can see this information. I'll keep checking the mta website for any service changes, but otherwise, I'm hoping for the best. I'll see you all Saturday morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment