Monday, May 30, 2011

Cross-training and New Runner Swag

Over the last couple of weeks, I started to incorporate some cross training into my exercise routine.

I have really slacked off in terms of the gym department over the last six months, but now I have gone back and have began to incorporate the elliptical and the bike in.

My parents and I also have a 30 mile bike ride scheduled at the end of June, so this weekend, I biked 13 miles with my mother. My dad did 6 miles with us before the call of the golf course was too loud to ignore. Yesterday's experience proved to me how much in shape I had gotten in - I had never done 13 miles at a time on these hills and now I was able to do it with ease even though I had not gone biking in almost a year.

Today, I bought some new running clothing using a gift certificate I had received for my birthday. I ended up spending more than the gift certificate, but it was definitely worth it.

































This week is the first week of my half marathon training plan for Queens. I'm a bit nervous about it since I have never done speedwork or tempo runs, and that several of my runs will be in extremely hot and humid weather, but I will do my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment